Whereas the goal of the Value Proposition Canvas is to find out if your product or service meets the customer’s needs, the goal of the Business Model Canvas is to check if your product or service fits into your company.
Some activities are outsourced and some resources are acquired outside the enterprise.
There are three possible categories :
- Problem solving – for example hospitals, consultancy firms
- Platform/network – for example networks, matchmaking platforms, software
Key resources are the assets required to offer and deliver the previously described elements.
· Cost structure refers to all the costs and expenses that your company will incur while operating your business model
· There are two classes of cost structure:
- Cost-driven using maximum automation and outsourcing
- Value-driven such as luxury hotels ..
Customer relationships are the type of relationship a company establishes and maintains with its specific customer segments. They might be driven by the following goals: customer acquisition, customer retention in different categories such as personal assistance, self-service, and co-creation. An example of this is customer reviews on YouTube or Amazon.
Channels are the way in which a company communicates with and reaches its customer segments. Value propositions are delivered to customers through communication, distribution and sales channels.
Customer Segments & Value Proposition
Both come directly from the Value Proposition Canvas.
Revenue streams result from value propositions successfully offered to customers.