What is Digital Marketing Strategy?
Digital Marketing is nowadays one of the most important parts of the marketing budget. It drives traffic to your website and converts it into sales.
A digital marketing strategy helps a business to co-ordinate the different marketing tools in order to reach its goals.
What are the different Digital Marketing tools?
- Banners/display advertising: This tool is used to build brand awareness but doesn’t generate revenue.
- Programmatic display advertising: Like banners and display advertising, the goal of this method is to build brand awareness. The main difference is that the process of buying space is automated via a platform.
- Content: Relevant and high-quality content that targets your customer is essential. It will also improve SEO ranking. Personas and customer journeys are the perfect tools to create content relevancy.
- Organic Social Media: This refers to free content posted on social media accounts that is visible to everyone. Content posted on your website can also be re-used and posted on these social media platforms.
- SEO : A free Google ranking system that is based on the content of your website, the technology used for your website and its popularity.
- SEA/PPC:A paid for Google ranking system that depends not only on the cost paid per click but the quality of the ad text, landing page, how well the two fit together and other elements.
- Affiliate Marketing: This method is used frequently by webstores. In return for every click-through sale made from advertising on a webstore site, a commission is paid.
- Social Media PPC: This is a form of paid digital advertising but solely for placement on social media platforms. Promotional posts are not always visible on your social media profile. With this tool, it is possible to reach new prospects and a group of users who do not already follow you. The number of advert views will depend on the budget you have set as well as the relevancy of your ad for your target group, which is also the case when using SEA/PPC (see above).
- Remarketing: This is a way to connect and re-target users who have previously interacted with your website but who haven’t made a purchase.
- E-mail: Our mailboxes are full of them, but should they be? Segmenting your e-mail campaigns directs the right kind of e-mails to the right customer.
- CRO: Conversion Rate Optimisation is an efficient way to increase revenue without spending a fortune.
My approach to Digital Marketing Strategy
Digital Marketing Assessment
Analysis of current Trends
Identification of opportunities